About the Complementary Healthcare Council
The Complementary Healthcare Council is the leading expert association exclusively committed to a vital and sustainable complementary healthcare products industry. We believe in a holistic healthcare model based on promoting long-term wellness of the community.
We are unique in representing all stakeholder groups in the complementary healthcare industry. Our members include importers, exporters, manufacturers, raw material suppliers, wholesalers, distributors, retailers, practitioners, consultants, direct marketers, multi level marketers and consumers.
We are the principal reference point for members, the government, the media and consumers to communicate about issues relating to the complementary healthcare industry.
What are complementary medicines and natural healthcare products?
Complementary medicines and natural healthcare products cover a diverse range of products including vitamins, mineral and nutritional supplements, special purpose foods, herbal and homoeopathic medicines, aromatherapy products and natural cosmetics.
The Complementary Healthcare Council's Vision
Sustainable health and enhanced wellness…..naturally
The Complementary Healthcare Council's Mission
- facilitating a change in emphasis in health policy from a disease care model to one based on health and wellness.
- ensuring all Australians have timely access to affordable, safe, high quality and efficacious complementary medicines.
- improving public health and wellbeing through education and information on the use of complementary healthcare products.
- supporting and enhancing a robust, vital and sustainable complementary healthcare products industry.
- forging alliances with government, media and consumers to ethically and responsibly promote complementary healthcare products and their value to the health and wellness of our community.
The Complementary Healthcare Council's Strategic Plan 2013-2015
An overview of the Complementary Healthcare Council's Strategic Plan 2013-2015 can be found here.